Sunday, October 12, 2008

20081012

New Cycle Begins

My last pistol workout ended abruptly. Left knee made a pop and I called it quits on that. No pain, just one of those moments where you know it's best to stop.
It's great how the timing of this stuff works. My presses started to get smoked, my knee pops, guess what? Week 4, time to switch cycles. Now onto 20 rep squats, deadlifts, and you guessed it! More pressing!

So this is the basic breakdown for the next 4-5 weeks.
2xweek- 20 rep squats
1xweek- Deadlifts
2xweek- Mvo2

More rest days, more pulling, more loading.

Today was the first squat workout. I was very pleased with my squat stance and form. They just felt really good. Well, right up until about rep 16. :)
The popping in the left knee stopped after about five reps. No big deal, just a noise, and I'm being really paranoid about my squat form. I started off light at 185 lbs. for 20 reps.
It went down like this:
Squat- 20x185 lbs.
Pressing ladder (Descending) 3, 2, 1 (Double 24 kg. mil press)
Plate curls- 10 lbs. 5/5
Pressing ladder 24 kg. 3, 2, 1
Plate curls- 25 lbs. 3/3
Pressing ladder 24 kg. 3, 2, 1
Bent over rows- 5x24 kg's, 5x24 kg's, 3x32 kg's, 3x32 kg's

I never do bent over rows, but these felt fine.

No comments: