Saturday, May 10, 2008

20080509

Squats and Presses

Alternated between squats and barbell military presses for 6 total sets of 2 reps each. Also did some heavy abductor work. Laying down with feet spread out to the edge of the power rack to hold me in place, then sit ups holding a 30 lbs. plate overhead.

6 sets/ 2 reps each
Squats- 225 lbs.
OH Press (strict)- 100 lbs.

Nutrition---
Good day overall. I've started increasing my calories by mixing a carb complex (oats, barley, etc.) with protein and something called the 'ultimate meal'. It's a thing vegans use. First experiment was unsuccessful. One shake of the bottle turned it into a thick paste. I had to reach in and pull it out. I halved the ingredients and it was fine. Tasted like blueberries mixed with peas. Not fine.
Last week my weight dipped below 160 lbs., which is a problem, thus the increase in calories.

No comments: