Sunday, June 8, 2008

20080608

GS intervals

---

Today was the first time doing this.

Jerks/ 24 kg/ 1 minute total (30 seconds each arm) 1 minute on/ 1-2 minutes off.
These wore me down quick. I managed 20 total reps per minute. Took a few sets to find the groove. Managed 7 total sets for about 140 total jerks before I felt myself getting toasted.

Snatches/ 20 kg/ 1 minute total (30 seconds on each arm/ 1 minute off.
Kept pretty strict on these. Hit five sets averaging 24 reps per minute. I was distracted by something and by the time I came back I could tell I wasn't in 'the zone' anymore. Next time I'll hit ten minutes.

This was a good workout for wind and shoulder endurance. Next time I'll bump the snatches up to the 24 kg. I'll also add in sets of long cycle, most likely with two 16's, we'll see. I'm going to keep playing with the intervals. I'm not sure about competing in GS right now, but I want to be able to do the 10 minute sets at a MS level. That's a ways off. :)
Fortunately this has a good carryover to what I'm doing now, so I can play around with it.
--
Note on the GS snatches- As I said, these were GS intervals, so I snatched in the GS style. Really found my groove on these, though my left side really doesn't want to do them for some reason. I'm still training my TSC snatches hardstyle, but that's mainly because I do have an RKC snatch test in August, and I also feel that as long as I still train my GS snatches and switch over after the RKC I'm going to be way stronger in them. It's a work in progress.

No comments: