Monday, June 16, 2008

20080616

Heavy dead and snatch day.
---
Today was a beatdown, and I was the receiver. Last week's workouts were a little too manageable, so I upped the 32 kg. snatches to 7 reps per side. Here's how it all went down.

2 warm up sets.
Deadlift- 2x223 lbs.
Snatches- 7x24 kg. Each side (14 reps total per set)

6 work set.
Deadlift- 2x313 lbs.
Snatches- 7x32 kg. Each side. (14 reps per set)

It doesn't seem like much, but those extra 4 snatches per set really started grinding me down. On the upside I sailed through the deadlifts. I worked hard on focusing, and not just dragging the weight up because I can. I felt a great lat-glute connection right down the back of my legs and into my heels. All lifts felt good.
I'm not quite 100% right now, have a couple tweaks from so much driving this week. I think in the next few weeks I'll be up to 10 reps per side on the 32 kg. Feeling very strong right now.

No comments: