Saturday, June 14, 2008

20080613

Heavy snatch and dead day.

2 warm up sets-
Deadlift- 2x223 lbs.
Snatch- 5x24kg.

6 work sets-
Deadlift- 2x313 lbs.
Snatch- 5x32kg.

2 minutes rest between each.



I ran some video of this one and learned a lot. As I get stronger and this gets easier I'm getting lazy and just dragging the weight up. For some reason I keep looking around at the lockout. I need to stay on task and stay focused. I was pretty happy with my back. I was concerned that I was rounding it. It's not perfect, but I'll take it.
I'm definitely stronger than when I started. I was struggling through these before, and it was really grinding me down. I made it through these sets with no real issues. The snatches especially. I've been doing GS snatches, but sets 4-6 here I switched to hard style, which winded me more. I'm going to up the snatch numbers to 7 next week and keep building up. Last week of this month I'm going to taper back and then pull a new max.

Weight today- 161 lbs.

No comments: