Tuesday, July 29, 2008

20080729

Today I had a little back off day to gear it down before the RKC.
I've been fooling with something I saw on Kenneth Jay's blog. I know I've totally bastardized it, but I think I have the general idea. What I'm basically doing is higher volume, still keeping a good pace, but with longer rest periods. I should actually be using a 28 kg. or 32 kg. bell for this, but only had my 24 kg. today.
I hit 1 minute sets with 2 minutes rest between each. Each set was on one hand, so alternating hands from set to set.
I got going with two sets (one each hand) on the 20 kg.
Then 8 sets with the 24 kg. I ended up shooting for 20 reps per set and seeing how much time I could knock off. First sets I finished in 50 seconds, then the last 6 I finished in 45 seconds or less. It feels like a pace I can keep with more training, which means I can potentially hit 150 reps in 5 minutes. I know it sounds insane, but the math works. I can do it.

No comments: