Wednesday, November 5, 2008

20081105

Deadlift
---
I bumped things up to base my percentages on an estimated 420 lbs. max pull.

3x3 315 lbs.
3x2 335 lbs.
3x1 355 lbs.

This feel like it's right where it should be. The final sets were actually easier than the light ones as I had to employ all of my tension and lock everything down.

Jumpstretch/Kettlebell Crush Curls
3x5 with a 16 kg. bell and a purple JS band
I'm going to work into these as well once I get the chain and D ring to set up the rig.


Recovery has not been good. My hamstrings felt tight today and I've been having some neck/trap issues that led to a piercing pain behind my right ear for two days. Like I keep saying, lack of recovery will bite you in the ass, and I got bit.
I've been doing what I always do as far as rolling and stretching, but I didn't take the increased size and strength translating into more tightness into account. I'm going to start treating my massage appointments like doctor's appointments. I also have the stretching seminar with Pavel on Nov. 22nd in Sacramento, so I should pick up some new tricks there.

No comments: