Wednesday, November 12, 2008

20081112

I got in to Equinox early this morning to do some instruction for one of the trainers, so I used my time waiting to bend some nails. I got a shipment from fat bastard barbell the other night of some new stock, a horseshoe, and some leather and suede wraps. These wraps make a big difference, I just have to work on getting them tighter.
I achieved a significant bow of the yellow (60D) nail. I got so caught up in it that I didn't realize at one point I flipped the nail and bent it back nearly straight. Duh. Based upon this I'm confident I'll bend the yellow nail before the year is out.
I'll most likely head back this afternoon during my break to pull some deadlifts, at which point I'll update this
---
Deadlifts

3x3 315
3x2 335
3x1 355

All went well, not that difficult. I have to re-test my max in the next few weeks and see what I can pull. I think I may be well past 405. We'll see. The squatting has made a tremendous improvement in my leg strength and power breaking from the floor. I see a 495 lbs. pull in the not so distant future.
Today I'm solidly at 175. I'll get more in depth with this later, but I'm adjusting to my own body. I've never been this big before, not even close. It may not seem that big, but for me it is.

I wrapped up with some curls using the Olympic barbell, one handed. I like these as they force me to maximize tension.
3x3/3 45 lbs.

No comments: