Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Training for the beast challenge

So there's the big non-secret. I wanted to really hash out if I could achieve this on the necessary timeline, and I can. I spoke with Joe Sarti today about his run at the Beast Challenge, and his opinions re-enforced that this is very do-able. I'm going to do it at the San Jose RKC in February. In the future I'll lay out the overall plan, for now here are the bullet points.
1. High/low volume days focusing on the three lifts for 4-5 weeks. Pistols, pull ups, and military press.
2. Alternated with Squat and Deadlift specific cycles to increase strength and prep for Elite TSC Competition in April.
3. Weight increase to a solid 175-180. Previously set marker will take me to 170 easily.

Current Event Schedule
February 2009- Beast Challenge
April 2009- TSC Elite
June 2009- RKC II

Most of the Beast specific training right now is based on Kenneth Jay's protocols, which seem sound. The volume training is kicking my ass right now, but in a good way. I've also started using his pressing protocol of on the minute presses.

Today, 20080903
Presses
20 kg.
Minutes 1-3: 5/5
Minutes 4-15: 3/3
Minutes 16-18: Waiter's Press 16 kg. 5/5

Swings
28 kg.
5x20
24 kg.
3x20

No comments: